- Please remain in Reser Stadium throughout the ceremony.
- Always stay in the same order in which you lined up, and follow the person in front of you.
- Sit down immediately upon arriving at your seat in Reser Stadium. You don’t need to wait for your row to be filled.
- Stand when the President requests everyone to stand for the posting of colors and singing of the National Anthem.
- Sit down as directed by the president.
- Stand for the singing of the alma mater.
- Stand for the recognition of degree candidates when your dean stands to present the graduating seniors to the president and to recommend the conferring of their degrees.
- Sit down when your dean finishes speaking and returns to his or her seat.
- Stand when the president requests the graduating seniors to rise for the conferring of baccalaureate degrees. Sit again once the president has conferred the degrees.
On the signal from your marshals, each seated line should stand as a group and follow the marshals’ directions to the appropriate stage to receive your diploma case.
- Keep your line moving when you reach your dean and collect your diploma.
- A photographer will ask you to pause briefly as you receive your diploma; then you should leave the stadium as directed by the marshals.
- Seniors whose graduation status is questionable based upon preliminary grades obtained in May or who will graduate in the summer or fall term will not receive a diploma at commencement. Instead, they will receive a case, along with a letter explaining that final grades are needed to confirm their degree status.
- If you completed degree requirements before this spring term and received your diploma at that time, you will receive a diploma case during commencement, but not another diploma.
- In the event of rain, you will receive a plastic sleeve to protect your diploma.
- Remember that you and your guests are invited to the president’s reception immediately afterward at the CH2M HILL Alumni Center.
- Your cap and gown are yours to keep.
Congratulations…you made it