Commencement Ceremony and Reser Stadium Security Information
Oregon State University and Reser Stadium conduct security checks to ensure the safety of all our guests. We strive to provide an enjoyable experience and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
PLEASE NOTE – ALL guests entering the stadium will be subject to bag checks. Large bags and coolers will not be allowed into Reser stadium. Regular game-day concessions will be open.
ATTENTION: The flying of drones is prohibited at Reser Stadium during Commencement activities.
- Wrapped presents (leave them in your vehicle)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Food and beverages from outside vendors
- Noisemakers (horns, whistles, artificial noisemakers)
- Fireworks or explosives
- Folding chairs
- Illegal drugs
- Weapons or ammunition
- Aluminum cans (i.e. pop cans)
- Glass containers
- Pets (except service animals)
- Strollers (must be checked at Gate A)
- Smoking, including electric or vapor products, is prohibited in or around OSU venues
- Umbrellas (small/retractable umbrellas allowed in Reser, opening during the ceremony is prohibited)
Allowable items (subject to search):
- Small purses
- Sun visors or rain ponchos
- Outside, non-alcoholic beverages
- Refillable water bottles
- Food and snacks brought from home that fit within personal bags
Guests declining inspection or in possession of prohibited items will not be allowed into the stadium. Guests in possession of prohibited items inside the stadium will be asked to leave immediately. A guest who does not leave when asked will be considered a trespasser. Guests who are disruptive during the ceremony will be removed from the stadium immediately and will not be allowed re-entry.
In the event of an emergency, an announcement will be made from the Commencement stage to direct graduates and attendees to exit Reser Stadium in a safe and orderly manner.
If such an event were to occur, please move to the nearest stadium exit (PDF) as quickly and safely as possible. Graduates, family and friends, please relocate to either Gill Coliseum, the Merrit Truax Indoor Practice Facility, the CH2M HILL Alumni Center or The LaSells Stewart Center.
Once you have arrived at one of these locations, please use mobile phones to arrange to meet your graduate or family member.